-->

Download ▼

Top 19 Grammar Books (PDF)

╰──────────────────────╯

Test Your Grammar

Grammar Test 

1.           Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in the brackets.

a.        Does he have to guide her? (Into affirmative)

b.       I like apples too. (Into negative)

c.        He said, “I shall call you tonight.” (Into indirect speech)

d.       Will I have written a letter? (Into passive voice)

e.       I (call) you yesterday. You didn’t receive my phone. (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

f.         None of them has a book, ? (Supply the correct tag)

2.           Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in the brackets.

a.        There’s some news today. (Into interrogative)

b.       He has already been to the USA. (Into negative)

c.        The doctor said to me, “Stop smoking!” (Into indirect speech)

d.       I did not write a letter. (Into passive voice)

e.       I often (play) a game on Saturdays. (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

f.         Either of them plays well, ? (Supply the correct tag)

3.           Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in the brackets.

a.        Does he owe any money? (Into affirmative)

b.       Someone has stolen my motorbike. (Into interrogative)

c.        He said, “Were you present in the programme?” (Into indirect speech)

d.       I am writing a letter. (Into passive voice)

e.       It (rain) since morning. (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

f.         Open the door, please, ? (Supply the correct tag)

4.           Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in the brackets.

a.        I needn’t go there. (Into affirmative)

b.       Mr. Tony teaches English. (Into interrogative)

c.        He said to me, “May you pass in the exam!” (Into indirect speech)

d.       I do not write a letter. (Into passive voice)

e.       I (not go) to that temple yet. (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

f.         One should work hard, ? (Supply the correct tag)

5.           Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in the brackets.

a.        They sang a song. (Into interrogative)

b.       There wasn’t any milk in the bottle. (Into affirmative)

c.        He said, “Hurrah! My father has come”. (Into indirect speech)

d.       I am not going to write a letter. (Into passive voice)

e.       What (do) when I called you yesterday? (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

f.         There used to be a school, ? (Supply the correct tag)

6.           Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.        I’ve finished my work, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.      She’s done her homework. (Into yes/no question)

c.        She never speaks French. (Into affirmative)

d.       By 2030, total enrolment rate in grade 5 (reach) 100%. (Put the verb in bracket in correct tense)

e.       The teacher said that he had been teaching English for 20 years. (Into direct speech)

f.         They are building a new ring road. (Into passive)

7.           Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.       He’ll do the task, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.       She dances well. (Into yes/no question)

c.        She goes to school on foot. (Into ‘How’ question)

d.       I (teach) in this school for 15 years. (Put the verb in bracket in correct tense)

e.       He said to me, “What’s your name?” (Into indirect speech)

f.         The road is being repaired now. (Into active voice)

8.           Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.       Let’s have a cup of tea, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.       We can write proposals. (Into yes/no question)

c.        Mr. Sharma always prays in the morning. (Into negative)

d.       By 2021, she (complete) masters degree. (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

e.       The teacher said that the Earth is round. (Into direct speech)

f.         Does he write letters? (Into passive voice)

9.           Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.       Rena has been crying for 20 minutes, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.       Bob is writing a letter. (Into ‘What’ question)

c.        My father likes coffee. (Into negative)

d.       The  thief  had  already  run  away   when  the  police  verb in the bracket in correct tense)

e.       The poem was written by Shakespeare. (Into active voice)

f.         He said, “What do you want from me?” (Into indirect speech)

10.       Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.       Have a nice time ahead, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.       Ayesha studies hard. (Into negative)


(come). (Put the

c.        Mohan has been studying English for 10 years. (Into ‘How long’ question)

d.       Listen! Someone (cry). (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

e.       Kamala said to him, “I never drink tea.” (Into indirect speech)

f.         He could solve the problem. (Into passive voice)

11.       Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.       You like milk cucumber, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.       Did Apsara tell you anything? (Into statement)

c.        Yam has never talked to her. (Into yes/no question)

d.       Don’t cross the road!  The bus (come). (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)


e.       She said to me, “Go to the bank.” (Into indirect speech)

f.         Who was this book written by? (Into active voice)

12.       Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.        Rajshree’s definitely not coming, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.       The house has been sold. (Into yes/no question)

c.        Sonu drinks milk tea. (Into ‘what’ question)

d.       When  I  reached  home, my  wife (sleep). (Put the verb in the bracket   in correct tense)

e.       My brother said, “Don’t smoke.” (Into indirect speech)

f.         The work was done by them. (Into active voice)

13.       Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.        You’d better go there, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.       You like apples, too. (Into negative)

c.        He had a key. (Into yes/no question)

d.       The phone rang when I (do) my homework. (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

e.       My sister said, “What do you like to have?” (Into indirect speech)

f.         His death shocked me. (Into active voice)

14.       Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.        You’d rather go there, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.       I have already completed my homework. (Into negative)

c.        He has a nice car. (Into yes/no question)

d.       The postman came  while I (write) an essay. (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

e.       Mr. Dura said, “Where did you go yesterday?” (Into indirect speech)

f.         His behaviour pleases me. (Into active voice)

15.       Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.        Everybody has gone there, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.       I hardly speak French. (Into affirmative)

c.        We have a nice apartment. (Into yes/no question)

d.       What (do) all morning? (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

e.       Mr. Darpan said, “Please help her?” (Into indirect speech)

f.         His appearance astonished me. (Into active voice)

16.       Rewrite the following sentences as indicated in brackets.

a.        Children love playing games, ? (Supply the correct tag)

b.       I have already taken my lunch. (Into negative)

c.        Did you see me on the way? (Into statement)

d.       I (teach) here for two years. (Put the verb in the bracket in correct tense)

e.       He says to me, "I love apples too." (Into indirect speech)

f.         We have written an essay. (Into passive voice)


❒ English Vocabulary Course 💓
═══════════════════════
☛ For the successful completion of this course, you will have to do two things —

 You must study the day-to-day course (study) material. 
❷ Participate in the MCQs/Quizzes in the telegram Channel.  Join

◉ Click to open 👇 the study materials.

╰────────────────────────╯
╰────────────────────────╯
╰────────────────────────╯
╰────────────────────────╯
╰────────────────────────╯
╰─────────────────────────╯
╰─────────────────────────╯
╰─────────────────────────╯
╰─────────────────────────╯
╰─────────────────────────╯
   ══━━━━━━━━✥ ❉ ✥━━━━━━━━══

https://www.englishgrammarsite.com/2020/12/rules-of-changing-voice-active-to-passive.html
https://www.englishgrammarsite.com/2022/04/pdf-files-on-verb-tenses-right-form-of-verbs-and-subject-verb-agreement.html